Bookbar aspires to provide an immersive reading experience, with a curated selection of short fiction, poetry and art served alongside custom beverages Hot Numbers. Visitors to the pop-up event will receive tailored recommendations and have the opportunity to read and discuss literary works with friends, staff, and new acquaintances. With an active social media presence and rotating roster of host venues, Bookbar offers the best in classic and contemporary literature within the convenient timespan of a good cup of coffee.
Each visitor will receive a brief consultation and then, after making a selection from our “menu”, will be given the following:
· An envelope upon which is handwritten the visitor’s name and the name of the selection
· A short story (bookmarked if needed)
· A poem (bound or printed separately)
· A “receipt” that includes the title and author of both the short story and the poem, the “food for thought,” and the logo and social media information for both the Bookbar and Hot Numbers
· A pen or pencil (for personal annotations)
· A drink (ordered at the bar)
All materials except the paper and envelope must be returned.