DALE'S BREWERY GWYDIR STREET CB1 2LJ
Opened in 2011 in a decommissioned victorian brewery Hot Numbers is named as a tribute to the record store which used to trade on the adjacent street. The idea was to create a space dedicated to the love of coffee & good music. The brew bar and smaller tables occupy half the space, opening out into large communal benches through the archways. With craft beers and fine wines Thursday night is Jazz night with The Wandering Yak serving food and Friday is our original gig night with Cambridge's best burgers from Steak & Honour.
MON, TUE, WED 07:00 - 18:00
THU, FRI 07:00 - 22:30
SAT 07:00 - 18:00
SUN 08:00 - 18:00
Closed CHRISTMAS DAY & BOXING DAY
Available for private hire, more info here:
NO.4 TRUMPINGTON ST. CB2 1QA
A short walk from King's Parade & Cambridge's historic centre our second site, No.4 Trumpington St. opened at the end of 2014. Providing an excellent place to meet for lunch away from the office or off campus, with all the quality coffee and music of the original site.
MON-FRI 07:00 - 19:00
SAT 07:00 - 18:00
SUN 08:00- 18:00
27-31st December we'll close at 5pm
CLOSED: 25th, 26th & 1st Jan
AVAILABLE FOR PRIVATE HIRE,
MORE INFO HERE:
Espresso & Milk options:
We have two different origins at any one time, plus a high quality decaf (water or Co2 processed, never using nasty chemical buffers!)
Keeping the dose of the espresso the same for each drink we serve these in 3, 6, 8, 10oz cups so If prefer your coffee strong get a smaller cup, and if you prefer more balance the bigger cup size allows for more dilution to soften the intensity of the espresso.
Prefer an unadulterated experience? We always have a single origin bean on our brew bar, using pour over brew methods or the coffee syphon to create an elegant and consistently true expression of the coffee that you can sit back with and sip slowly, take your time with and allow to cool, its a good way to experience the full range of flavours that the bean has to offer.
We've a range of options to get the day started...
- Maple Smoked Bacon from Mill Road Butchers served on Sourdough bread from Norfolk St. Artisan Bakery
- Smoked Salmon from Chapel & Swan Smokery with cream cheese on a toasted bagel
- Wholesome porridge with banana & almonds
- Fruity Granola with Natural Yoghurt & honey
- Fresh baked croissants
Options for a healthy lunch served from late morning and into the afternoon include...
- Vegetable Soups from Garden Kitchen, made with nothing other than vegetables and herbs and spices. (Gluten Free & Vegan)
- Mixed Salads, different every day and always fresh.
- Toasted Panini with various fillings. There's always a vegan, veggie and meaty option made with ciabatta rolls baked fresh each day at Norfolk St. Bakery
We always have a great selection of pastries and cake to accompany the coffee. From old Cambridge classics like the Fitzbillies Chelsea Bun to the new Cambridge champion Afternoon Tease Chocolate Guiness Cake, with some outstanding gluten free and vegan options in between there's something to suit most moods.
When the lights are dimmed and the candles lit...
- Craft beer selection curated by the beer gurus at Bacchanalia
- Quality Wine from Thirsty
- Cambridge's best street food (Thurs & Fri) Steak & Honour and The Wandering Yak both make regular appearances at Gwydir Street to keep you fed during our live music nights
We source many of our ingredients as locally as we can to keep things fresh and interesting, so from time to time you might find some differences between whats listed here what we have to offer in the shop.